Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Prophet

Today I read The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. It's always been on my list as one I've wanted to read, but for this year its been in the "good short books catagory" because, well, its only 90 pages long. I really needed that today-- I started the book at 11:20 and just finished now at 11:52.

But today I was not lazy-- my life was full! Full of deep conversations, community, red velvet birthday cake, a trip the Upper West Side, and a movie night.

And right now, I'm too tired to write about this about the book, but I say read it! It's short enough, that if you're halfway through and realize you don't like it-- well, just finish it.

Here's one of my favorite quotes from it:
When you love you should not say "God is in my heart" but rather, "I am in the heart of God".

No comments:

Post a Comment