Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lone Wolf

Jodi Picoult is a book writing beast! Seriously, in the time I have written this sentence she probably popped out a well researched chapter. I really admire her-- she takes her writing (and her readers!) seriously. Out of all of the authors that I have emailed to ask for book suggestions, she was the first to reply, and probably the one that writes the most.

Lone Wolf is really interesting. The first time I had read anything about wolves was in Twilight, and I don't think Twilight's description has much integrity in the real world. The Wolves of Mercy Falls is a good series that mixes werewolves with real info about pack mentality etc, but I think Lone Wolf is much more researched. Probably because you can't actually research werewolves, now that I think of it.

I've enjoyed others of Picoult's book more, but I really admire this book, and the amount of research that she does. Seriously, there is so much info on wolves, I feel like I could go live with them in the wild now.

I would have loved more character development in Cara Warren, and slight hints (even misleading hints) until we find out what actually happened to her dad.

Anyway, if you like Jodi Picoult, you will like it, but you probably won't cry in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment