Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Warrior

Today has been a long, full day. After work and dinner, my poor lonely house-husband wanted to get out and do something fun, so I agreed to go watch a movie at 10pm. I imbibed superfluous amounts of Coke so I would stay awake, and I think I'm still feeling it now. We watched Men in Black 3- which was surprisingly good! But really, even if it was bad I would have loved it-- I have a secret crush on Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords, who plays Boris the Animal, the villain in the movie. I guess my crush isn't a secret anymore, since I've just told the whole internets. (I think Jared secretly has a man crush on him too.)

But about my book! I read The Warrior by Francine Rivers, the second in the Sons of Encouragement Series. (Side note: I first typed "Spoons of Encouragement". I feel like that book would have gone in a slightly different direction than Sons of Encouragement).  It was a book from the point of view of Caleb during the Old Testament exodus, leading up to the capture of Canaan, the promised land. Even though all of River's books are fiction, this one was less believable than others. Don't get me wrong, Caleb is a stud, but the background my picture of him. But only 195 tiny pages, so its worth reading to experience the author's perspective of the story.

Since I've had so much Coke, I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to come up with a storyline for the "Spoons of Encouragement" series. No luck yet. I think there's a reason I typically go to bed by 11.

Another thing that I typically do is take off my pants when I'm tired.
Goodnight.

I'm tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment