Friday, June 1, 2012

Specials

My husband loves baseball. He played it in high school, almost played it in college, and will jump at the chance to join a summer softball league. I, on the other hand, know that there are 9 innings, and three strikes means you are out.

But since we are moving and he LOVES the Cubs, we decided to go to a Memorial Day game with some friends. We took the train to Chicago and then caught the red line up to the stadium. We were at the front of the line for the bleachers and got amazing seats.... front row in the bleachers! Wow.

Needless to say, I did not read at the game. But look at this hypothetical reading picture! Beautiful.

I read my book on the train, Specials by Scott Westerfeld. It's the third book in the Uglies series (I wrote about the second, Pretties, previously) and it was ok. I love the concept and I think they could make cool movies, but the slang still really gets to me, and Tally's character wasn't as strong as it was in the other two books.

But I will read the fourth in a month or so (trying to space out the series so that you don't get bored)

No comments:

Post a Comment