Friday, June 1, 2012

Much Ado About Nothing

How is this not in schools's required reading? This is one of Shakespeare's better known comedies, but I think it should be up there with the tragedies. The characters are fun, and I love the typical play on words with the names (Hero).

This is a story about two sets of couples, one who love each other but banter with the best of them (comedies today that think they came up with loving banter need to go back and read this play) and another who get tricked out of getting married.

It was kind of hard to process in a day, not because of the content, but because the names were abbreviated so I would sometimes get confused about who was saying what.

But one of the last lines.... oh my word so good!

Benedick says to Beatrice (after she goes on for a bit about something) "Peace! I will stop your mouth!" and he kisses her.

Way better than "shut up so I can kiss you". Good job Bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment